Saturday 14 February 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's day. Ever since I was little, I loved making cards and decorations for family and friends and as I grew older it has just continued into quilts and quilting.
This little stitching sample shows off a simple hearts and loops free motion line design. Play with it with pen and paper first, then on to thread and fabric.
Table top quilting frames, allow you to perfectly tension your quilt sandwich - so it becomes like the paper. Then your sewing machine sits on a set of carriages, which enable you to move your sewing machine in any direction - just like a pen. I find this so much easier than keeping the pen still and moving the paper!




This little lap quilt was a project I made to get myself back quilting after months of being stuck. It was just a printed panel with added borders. I enjoyed scalloping around the printed blocks and writing the names of all the people in my family. Then, I used the heart and loops line design to quilt the border. It was a fast and fun project that got me over quilter's block. It was a cute Valentine's present for my family too. Click on any of the images in this post for a better view.

No comments: