Tuesday 27 October 2009

Texture Magic Pumpkin Patch
















This Pumpkin Patch design is made with Texture Magic on a table top frame. I wanted to see how a loose and flowing free-motion design would work. So I attached the Texture Magic as if it were the backing fabric and then added the orange batik fabric as the top. I've skipped the wadding for this project as the texture will come by 'magic'.










Here it is all loaded on the frame. I'm using Nile Delta from the King Tut range of Superior Threads. I love how it looks against the batik.
Here's a close up of the stitching. This is such fun to do! Just lots of loops and pumpkins in all shapes and sizes.
Then whip it off the frame and steam it. I begin with the Texture Magic side up. Then flip it over and steam it more with the fabric side up. I'm less worried about it catching the iron this way and so bits I've missed the first time continue to shrink. I've found that steaming works better if I've laid it on a towel or fleece.
Texture Magic creates quite an audience in our family with everyone gathering round to watch the 'magic'. This pumpkin patch free motion design turned out great! Click on the image for a better close-up view. We'll make it into a trick or treat bag in the next day or so.

1 comment:

Nedra said...

Great job with the Pumpkin design and Texture Magic, Martha. I love how it turned out. I'm looking forward to seeing a bag made with the fabric.