Friday 18 December 2009

It's the Miracle Season!

She loved it!



I haven't had any trouble with my sewing machine for months. But yesterday something went wrong and took ages to sort. I really thought that I was going to have to go to school and tell Mrs Boomer that she couldn't retire yet because the quilt wasn't finished.
By 9:30 in the evening I had it running OK but I'd wasted most of my last day. So I changed the quilting pattern to a simple scallop around the leaves and started quilting. Mrs Boomer's party started at 2:00 today and I was still quilting but I finished by 2:10, ripped it off the frame and rushed to school just in time for the presentation. Everyone who helped applique the leaves was so pleased to see the completed quilt.



Mrs Boomer was really touched. When all the excitement is over and done the quilt will be there to remind her just how much we appreciate her. So many thanks to everyone who helped - it never would have been completed without you!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Way to go Martha!!!