Friday 19 March 2010

Make it Pink!

















My preference was blue but I chose the pink. The quilt was a donation to a friend to raise some money in a silent auction and I thought that the pink would be more popular. I did choose a purply blue for the binding.   I loaded it up on the frame and tried a new quilting design. It's an extension of the mussel shell with a scallop that echoed around the edges.Clicking on the photos will give a good close up of the design.

















 I first saw it on one of  Trudi Wood's quilts. But the design turned out a bit different. That's something that I love about free-motion machine quilting - the  way that designs morph from person to person. You glean ideas from other people but as you execute the pattern it changes. I was so happy with how this quilt turned out. A really sweet girl purchased the quilt at the charity lunch today and she loved it - so I was fine about letting it go.You can see more of Trudi's quilts if you visit her blog: http://trudi-quiltingprolifically.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Angie said...

Your quilt turned out so beautiful Martha!

Martha said...

Thanks, Angie!

Trudi said...

It's wonderful Martha! And I love how the quilting turned out, so different to how it started!