Monday 25 October 2010

Honeysuckle Vine

I decided to use yesterday's momentum to get me going on a UFO that's been ripening...for a few years! This quilt was inspired by a quilt on display at a show put on by one of our local groups, called the Pea Room Quilters. One of the gals had made teddy bear quilt for one of her grand children. The top was pieced out of flannel and it was backed with a good quality fleece. It was the softest quilt I ever felt! I've been using fleece ever since. But this is the first time I've paired it with flannel.
I've used a honeysuckle vine design for the quilting pattern using King Tut #989 Malachite on top and a green pre-wound in the bobbin. Anything with a loop makes it easy to maneuver around the available space. I thought that the leaf pattern would go well with the autumnal colours. I'm waiting for the morning light to take a good photo of the quilting, but meanwhile, here's the line design.

No comments: