Saturday 4 December 2010

Christmas Runner Details

Here's some doodles of the lines designs in the runner. On the paisley part, I used the 'Filigree Scrollwork' design, this is the simpler pattern on the top of the paper roll. It's in your New English Quilter handbook, in the line designs section. I'll be featuring this line design in the new DVD but I'm calling it 'Every Which Wave'. In the little red check part, I've added a holly leaf to the pattern. The doodles are always larger than the actual stitched design.
Here you can see it on the side board.
Oops, looks like I forgot to dust!

The Filigree Scrollwork pattern just disappears
into the paisley print.
It adds some interest but doesn't get in to the way.

The centre poinsettia pattern was fun to stitch around.

I usually like to use lots of different threads in a project. But this light reflecting Rainbows; #809 Kailua, from Superior Threads looked great against all the fabric.

1 comment:

J said...

THANK YOU!! It looks so festive.
and you didn't use any batting??
I really need some Christmas runners and smaller tablecloth for entry table. thank you for the inspiration!!