Monday 28 March 2011

Feathers!

I just love spending time with other quilters! Trudi has been producing these gorgeous feathers for years now. Last month I decided to give them a go. Trudi gave me a slice of her practice piece for inspiration. You can see it at the top of the photo. I spend a couple of hours of solid doodling the night before. Then just went for it on the frame. This is quilted in a pale blue MasterPiece thread which reads white against the blue but shows up against the white.

Not perfect but not bad! I'd made a table runner for some friends who put me up unexpectedly in a snow storm last December. I thought the blue and white would call to mind the snow and also they have a lovely blue and white kitchen too. I'm really pleased how it turned out. I think that I'm going to have to make one that I can keep!

1 comment:

Trudi said...

It's beautiful! I must make more table runners! I hope your friends love it :)