Saturday 2 June 2012

Baby Bunting


It's the start of the Queen's Jubilee celebrations and there's bunting everywhere, including my front door.  I've been using scraps for Veta's Bunting Quilt to make some bunting cards.

I cut tiny bunting flags with the rotary cutter.

A dab of Pritt Stick glue to hold the fabric flags in place.

I threaded my JUKI Exceed with some black thread and stitched the flags in place.

It took minutes

and turned out really cute.

With the left over flags I decided to make a tiny bunting garland.

I just sewed across the tiny flags, lifted the needle and gave the thread a pull just like you do when you're strip piecing.
I haven't decided where to put it yet but I like the way something similar is draped across this mirror.







Happy Jubilee everyone! 
Have fun celebrating!

No comments: