Tuesday 31 July 2012

Denmark


I'm always excited when we send one of our machine quilting frames to a new country for the first time. So I was thrilled to ship our 8 foot NEQ2 to Anette in Denmark. Anette is a very experienced quilter, designer and teacher. She has a quilt shop in Odense, which is right in the heart of Denmark. 


Anette's shop, called the Quilters-Patch specializes in Kaffe Fassett fabric. Anette has been a hand quilter for many years but was looking for a way to complete quilts more quickly without loosing the personal touch. She wanted to keep on guiding the needle, just more quickly. When she watched our La Mer DVD, Anette realised that our Art Quilter and NEQ2 machine quilting frames would enable her to do just that. 


Here's a photo of Anette's showroom/shop. I just love the light and the contrast of the white walls and light flooring with the vibrant colours of the fabric bolts. I can't wait to see Anette's new frame set up here. I'm delighted that our New English Quilter has found such a lovely home. And I'm looking forward to following Anette's progress!

No comments: