Wednesday 13 November 2013

On-line Fabric Shops

Michael Miller's Eiffel Tower fabric from Fabric.com
 Customers often ask me where I get my quilting fabric. Because I live in the back of beyond in Lincolnshire, I go online. I just discovered an online shop that's become my new absolute favourite It's called fabric.com  The fabric selection is huge, the prices are low and the shipping over 'the pond' is fast, really fast!

Music themed fabric for the Paris Quilts from  fabric.com
My daughters Rosie and Ellie are going to Paris on a school trip with the Music and Drama department. So we decided that it would be fun to make some Paris quilts to raffle off to raise money for the trip. I'm designing the quilts to appeal to the High School and University aged students. I went looking for Paris and music themed fabrics to remind them of the Paris trip and I was thrilled to find these!


The prices were brilliant! And the service fast! When the fabric arrived 4 days after I ordered it, some yardage was LONGER than I'd paid for and I noticed this sticker. If it's the end of the bolt they give you the extra fabric for free! That makes me all happy inside!

musical fabric from Frumble.co.uk
These pianos came from a UK based site called frumble.co.uk  It's based in Birmingham and their service was also fast and efficient. The Cocoland Cat fabrics came from a Japanese site called Kawaii Meow. Once again I was impressed with how quickly the parcel arrived and everything was cute! The mail bag was pink polka dots and care had been taken to do everything well. This gal has 174 cat fabric in her etsy shop!! Now that I've got the fabric sorted the quilts will follow on soon.

No comments: