Sunday 8 March 2015

Summers by the Sea

mom is 2nd from the right - she has great legs!
I love this photo of my mom! This was a shot of mom and her friends when they were at the University of Maryland back in the early 50's. The other special person in the photo is my Auntie, my mom's best friend and my namesake. Auntie is 2nd from the left. My mom and Auntie have stayed friends all these years. When we were little we used to visit my Auntie's houseboat in Ocean City, Maryland for our summer vacations. All those summers by the sea inspired a series of art quilts and I sent one to my mom for her birthday. I'll let the pictures do the talking...

sewing the binding with OMNI thread
JUKI HZL Exceed 600 the box feed makes binding a breeze
stripy binding for the Summers by the Sea art quilt
machine quilting detail
following the fabric lines
all rolled for the tube - no creases : )
Summers by the Sea - overview

Summers by the Sea
machine quilted by Martha and Emily Milne
on a 6 foot New English Quilter frame
with a JUKI TL98P straight stitch sewing machine
and Nifty Grip speed control handles.
All together giving the movement of a long arm
for a fraction of the cost.

No comments: